Sorrowful - bible study.
Psalm 51 .
1) Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy lovingkindness: according unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions.
2) Wash me throughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin.
3) For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me.
4) Against thee, thee only, have I sinned, and done this evil in thy sight: that thou mightest be justified when thou speakest, and be clear when thou judgest.
5) Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me.
6) Behold, thou desirest truth in the inward parts: and in the hidden part thou shalt make me to know wisdom.
7) Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.
8) Make me to hear joy and gladness; that the bones which thou hast broken may rejoice.
9) Hide thy face from my sins, and blot out all mine iniquities.
10) Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.
11) Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me.
12) Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit.
13) Then will I teach transgressors thy ways; and sinners shall be converted unto thee.
14) Deliver me from bloodguiltiness, O God, thou God of my salvation: and my tongue shall sing aloud of thy righteousness.
15) O Lord, open thou my lips; and my mouth shall shew forth thy praise.
16) For thou desirest not sacrifice; else would I give it: thou delightest not in burnt offering.
17) The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.
18) Do good in thy good pleasure unto Zion: build thou the walls of Jerusalem.
19) Then shalt thou be pleased with the sacrifices of righteousness, with burnt offering and whole burnt offering: then shall they offer bullocks upon thine altar.
"Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted." Matthew 5: 4 .
John 14 .
1) Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.
2) In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
3) And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
4) And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.
5) Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way?
6) Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
7) If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.
8) Philip saith unto him, Lord, show us the Father, and it sufficeth us.
9) Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?
10) Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.
11) Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.
12) Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.
13) And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
14) If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.
15) If ye love me, keep my commandments.
16) And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
17) Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
18) I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.
19) Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.
20) At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.
21) He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.
22) Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?
23) Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.
24) He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.
25) These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you.
26) But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
27) Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
28) Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.
29) And now I have told you before it come to pass, that, when it is come to pass, ye might believe.
30) Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me.
31) But that the world may know that I love the Father; and as the Father gave me commandment, even so I do. Arise, let us go hence.
"As sorrowful, yet alway rejoicing; as poor, yet making many rich; as having nothing, and yet possessing all things." 2 Corinthians 6: 10 .