Sick or in pain - bible study.
Sick or in Pain :
Psalm 38 .
1) O Lord, rebuke me not in thy wrath: neither chasten me in thy hot displeasure.
2) For thine arrows stick fast in me, and thy hand presseth me sore.
3) There is no soundness in my flesh because of thine anger; neither is there any rest in my bones because of my sin.
4) For mine iniquities are gone over mine head: as an heavy burden they are too heavy for me.
5) My wounds stink and are corrupt because of my foolishness.
6) I am troubled; I am bowed down greatly; I go mourning all the day long.
7) For my loins are filled with a loathsome disease: and there is no soundness in my flesh.
8) I am feeble and sore broken: I have roared by reason of the disquietness of my heart.
9) Lord, all my desire is before thee; and my groaning is not hid from thee.
10) My heart panteth, my strength faileth me: as for the light of mine eyes, it also is gone from me.
11) My lovers and my friends stand aloof from my sore; and my kinsmen stand afar off.
12) They also that seek after my life lay snares for me: and they that seek my hurt speak mischievous things, and imagine deceits all the day long.
13) But I, as a deaf man, heard not; and I was as a dumb man that openeth not his mouth.
14) Thus I was as a man that heareth not, and in whose mouth are no reproofs.
15) For in thee, O Lord, do I hope: thou wilt hear, O Lord my God.
16) For I said, Hear me, lest otherwise they should rejoice over me: when my foot slippeth, they magnify themselves against me.
17) For I am ready to halt, and my sorrow is continually before me.
18) For I will declare mine iniquity; I will be sorry for my sin.
19) But mine enemies are lively, and they are strong: and they that hate me wrongfully are multiplied.
20) They also that render evil for good are mine adversaries; because I follow the thing that good is.
21) Forsake me not, O Lord: O my God, be not far from me.
22) Make haste to help me, O Lord my salvation.
"Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord:
And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him." James 5: 14-15
"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose." Romans 8: 28 .
"For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."
Romans 8: 28-29 .
"And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong." 2 Corinthians 12: 9-10 .
1 Peter 4: 12, 13, 19.
"12) Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you:
13) But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.
19) Wherefore let them that suffer according to the will of God commit the keeping of their souls to him in well doing, as unto a faithful Creator."