Prayerful - bible study.
Prayerful 4 .
1) Hear me when I call, O God of my righteousness: thou hast enlarged me when I was in distress; have mercy upon me, and hear my prayer.
2) O ye sons of men, how long will ye turn my glory into shame? how long will ye love vanity, and seek after leasing? Selah.
3) But know that the Lord hath set apart him that is godly for himself: the Lord will hear when I call unto him.
4) Stand in awe, and sin not: commune with your own heart upon your bed, and be still. Selah.
5) Offer the sacrifices of righteousness, and put your trust in the Lord.
6) There be many that say, Who will shew us any good? Lord, lift thou up the light of thy countenance upon us.
7) Thou hast put gladness in my heart, more than in the time that their corn and their wine increased.
8) I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, Lord, only makest me dwell in safety.
Psalm 42 .
1) As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God.
2) My soul thirsteth for God, for the living God: when shall I come and appear before God?
3) My tears have been my meat day and night, while they continually say unto me, Where is thy God?
4) When I remember these things, I pour out my soul in me: for I had gone with the multitude, I went with them to the house of God, with the voice of joy and praise, with a multitude that kept holyday.
5) Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted in me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him for the help of his countenance.
6) O my God, my soul is cast down within me: therefore will I remember thee from the land of Jordan, and of the Hermonites, from the hill Mizar.
7) Deep calleth unto deep at the noise of thy waterspouts: all thy waves and thy billows are gone over me.
8) Yet the Lord will command his lovingkindness in the day time, and in the night his song shall be with me, and my prayer unto the God of my life.
9) I will say unto God my rock, Why hast thou forgotten me? why go I mourning because of the oppression of the enemy?
10) As with a sword in my bones, mine enemies reproach me; while they say daily unto me, Where is thy God?
11) Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God.
Luke 11: 1-13.
1) And it came to pass, that, as he was praying in a certain place, when he ceased, one of his disciples said unto him, Lord, teach us to pray, as John also taught his disciples.
2) And he said unto them, When ye pray, say, Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth.
3) Give us day by day our daily bread.
4) And forgive us our sins; for we also forgive every one that is indebted to us. And lead us not into temptation; but deliver us from evil.
5) And he said unto them, Which of you shall have a friend, and shall go unto him at midnight, and say unto him, Friend, lend me three loaves;
6) For a friend of mine in his journey is come to me, and I have nothing to set before him?
7) And he from within shall answer and say, Trouble me not: the door is now shut, and my children are with me in bed; I cannot rise and give thee.
8) I say unto you, Though he will not rise and give him, because he is his friend, yet because of his importunity he will rise and give him as many as he needeth.
9) And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.
10) For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.
11) If a son shall ask bread of any of you that is a father, will he give him a stone? or if he ask a fish, will he for a fish give him a serpent?
12) Or if he shall ask an egg, will he offer him a scorpion?
13) If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?
John 17 .
1) These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee:
2) As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.
3) And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.
4) I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.
5) And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.
6) I have manifested thy name unto the men which thou gavest me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them me; and they have kept thy word.
7) Now they have known that all things whatsoever thou hast given me are of thee.
8) For I have given unto them the words which thou gavest me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came out from thee, and they have believed that thou didst send me.
9) I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine.
10) And all mine are thine, and thine are mine; and I am glorified in them.
11) And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.
12) While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.
13) And now come I to thee; and these things I speak in the world, that they might have my joy fulfilled in themselves.
14) I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.
15) I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.
16) They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.
17) Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.
18) As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.
19) And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth.
20) Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;
21) That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.
22) And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:
23) I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.
24) Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world.
25) O righteous Father, the world hath not known thee: but I have known thee, and these have known that thou hast sent me.
26) And I have declared unto them thy name, and will declare it: that the love wherewith thou hast loved me may be in them, and I in them.
"And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us:
And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him." 1 John 5: 14-15 .