Overcome - bible study.
Psalm 6 .
1) O Lord, rebuke me not in thine anger, neither chasten me in thy hot displeasure.
2) Have mercy upon me, O Lord; for I am weak: O Lord, heal me; for my bones are vexed.
3) My soul is also sore vexed: but thou, O Lord, how long?
4) Return, O Lord, deliver my soul: oh save me for thy mercies' sake.
5) For in death there is no remembrance of thee: in the grave who shall give thee thanks?
6) I am weary with my groaning; all the night make I my bed to swim; I water my couch with my tears.
7) Mine eye is consumed because of grief; it waxeth old because of all mine enemies.
8) Depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity; for the Lord hath heard the voice of my weeping.
9) The Lord hath heard my supplication; the Lord will receive my prayer.
10) Let all mine enemies be ashamed and sore vexed: let them return and be ashamed suddenly.
Romans 8: 31-39 .
31) What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?
32) He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?
33) Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.
34) Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.
35) Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
36) As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
37) Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
38) For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
39) Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
1 John 1: 4-9 .
4) And these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full.
5) This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.
6) If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:
7) But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.
8) If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
9) If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.