Needing God's protection - bible study.
Needing God's Protection :
Psalm 27: 1 - 6 .
1) The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?
2) When the wicked, even mine enemies and my foes, came upon me to eat up my flesh, they stumbled and fell.
3) Though an host should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear: though war should rise against me, in this will I be confident.
4) One thing have I desired of the Lord, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord, and to enquire in his temple.
5) For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion: in the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me; he shall set me up upon a rock.
6) And now shall mine head be lifted up above mine enemies round about me: therefore will I offer in his tabernacle sacrifices of joy; I will sing, yea, I will sing praises unto the Lord.
Psalm 91 :
1) He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
2) I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.
3) Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.
4) He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.
5) Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day;
6) Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.
7) A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.
8) Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.
9) Because thou hast made the Lord, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation;
10) There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.
11) For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.
12) They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.
13) Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet.
14) Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name.
15) He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.
16) With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation.
"But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus." Philippians 4: 19 .