In Trouble - bible study.
In Trouble :
Psalm 16 .
1) Preserve me, O God: for in thee do I put my trust.
2) O my soul, thou hast said unto the Lord, Thou art my Lord: my goodness extendeth not to thee;
3) But to the saints that are in the earth, and to the excellent, in whom is all my delight.
4) Their sorrows shall be multiplied that hasten after another god: their drink offerings of blood will I not offer, nor take up their names into my lips.
5) The Lord is the portion of mine inheritance and of my cup: thou maintainest my lot.
6) The lines are fallen unto me in pleasant places; yea, I have a goodly heritage.
7) I will bless the Lord, who hath given me counsel: my reins also instruct me in the night seasons.
8) I have set the Lord always before me: because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved.
9) Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoiceth: my flesh also shall rest in hope.
10) For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.
11) Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore.
Psalm 31 .
1) In thee, O Lord, do I put my trust; let me never be ashamed: deliver me in thy righteousness.
2) Bow down thine ear to me; deliver me speedily: be thou my strong rock, for an house of defence to save me.
3) For thou art my rock and my fortress; therefore for thy name's sake lead me, and guide me.
4) Pull me out of the net that they have laid privily for me: for thou art my strength.
5) Into thine hand I commit my spirit: thou hast redeemed me, O Lord God of truth.
6) I have hated them that regard lying vanities: but I trust in the Lord.
7) I will be glad and rejoice in thy mercy: for thou hast considered my trouble; thou hast known my soul in adversities;
8) And hast not shut me up into the hand of the enemy: thou hast set my feet in a large room.
9) Have mercy upon me, O Lord, for I am in trouble: mine eye is consumed with grief, yea, my soul and my belly.
10) For my life is spent with grief, and my years with sighing: my strength faileth because of mine iniquity, and my bones are consumed.
11) I was a reproach among all mine enemies, but especially among my neighbours, and a fear to mine acquaintance: they that did see me without fled from me.
12) I am forgotten as a dead man out of mind: I am like a broken vessel.
13) For I have heard the slander of many: fear was on every side: while they took counsel together against me, they devised to take away my life.
14) But I trusted in thee, O Lord: I said, Thou art my God.
15) My times are in thy hand: deliver me from the hand of mine enemies, and from them that persecute me.
16) Make thy face to shine upon thy servant: save me for thy mercies' sake.
17) Let me not be ashamed, O Lord; for I have called upon thee: let the wicked be ashamed, and let them be silent in the grave.
18) Let the lying lips be put to silence; which speak grievous things proudly and contemptuously against the righteous.
19) Oh how great is thy goodness, which thou hast laid up for them that fear thee; which thou hast wrought for them that trust in thee before the sons of men!
20) Thou shalt hide them in the secret of thy presence from the pride of man: thou shalt keep them secretly in a pavilion from the strife of tongues.
21) Blessed be the Lord: for he hath shewed me his marvellous kindness in a strong city.
22) For I said in my haste, I am cut off from before thine eyes: nevertheless thou heardest the voice of my supplications when I cried unto thee.
23) O love the Lord, all ye his saints: for the Lord preserveth the faithful, and plentifully rewardeth the proud doer.
24) Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the Lord.
John 14: 1-4 .
1) Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.
2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
4 And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.
"Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them."
Hebrew 7: 25 .