Discouraged - bible study.
Psalm 23 :
1) The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
2) He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
3) He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
4) Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
5) Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
6) Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.
Psalm 42: 6-11 .
6) O my God, my soul is cast down within me: therefore will I remember thee from the land of Jordan, and of the Hermonites, from the hill Mizar.
7) Deep calleth unto deep at the noise of thy waterspouts: all thy waves and thy billows are gone over me.
8) Yet the Lord will command his lovingkindness in the day time, and in the night his song shall be with me, and my prayer unto the God of my life.
9) I will say unto God my rock, Why hast thou forgotten me? why go I mourning because of the oppression of the enemy?
10) As with a sword in my bones, mine enemies reproach me; while they say daily unto me, Where is thy God?
11) Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God.
"Cast thy burden upon the Lord, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved." Psalm 55:22.
"Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.
Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you."
Matthew 5:11-12 .
2 Corinthians 4: 8-18 .
8) We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair;
9) Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed;
10) Always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our body.
11) For we which live are always delivered unto death for Jesus' sake, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our mortal flesh.
12) So then death worketh in us, but life in you.
13) We having the same spirit of faith, according as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken; we also believe, and therefore speak;
14) Knowing that he which raised up the Lord Jesus shall raise up us also by Jesus, and shall present us with you.
15) For all things are for your sakes, that the abundant grace might through the thanksgiving of many redound to the glory of God.
16) For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day.
17) For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory;
18) While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.
Philippians 4: 4-7 .
4) Rejoice in the Lord always: and again I say, Rejoice.
5) Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand.
6) Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
7) And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.